Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Song Review: Titanium

ARTIST: David Guetta and Sia
GENRE: Dance
DATE RELEASED: August 29, 2011
THOUGHTS: Titanium is a very powerful song about being independent and not being affected by what others do, which I LOVE. It isn't a pointless song about getting drunk/high, or one-night stands. This is a song with an empowering message, and a great beat. I read in Billboard magazine last week that "Dance music is resurrecting", and I totally agree with that. I've always been a fan of fast, danceable beats, and this song fits the description perfectly. There's one specific part, however, that may irritate some people in between the chorus and verses- a pounding, surging beat that at first listen may weird some people out. My first thought was "seizure alert!", but quickly found myself loving the song. If you are someone who hasn't heard much of Sia, I encourage you to get more familiar with her sound- her lyrics are often hard to understand, due to her singing style, but she has a good sound, and VERY creative music videos (bordering on just plain weird). I'll probably do a feature on her soon, so you can get better acquainted.
OVERALL RATING: 4 out of 5, because the pounding, surging beat can get a bit dizzying, and you have to really focus hard on what she's singing. But it's a marvelous song! Check it:
Do you get what I'm saying when I talk about the pounding, surging beat?

Ciao for now,
~Singing Midget

No comments:

Post a Comment