Friday, May 25, 2012

Song Review: Go Do

ARTIST: Jonsi
GENRE: Alternative
DATE RELEASED: April 6, 2010
THOUGHTS: This is a song best listened to when the house is utterly quiet, and you aren't distracted by anything, using headphones to make the sound closer to your ears in order to hear everything clearly. If you want to take it further, close your eyes and just immerse yourself in the song. In case you were wondering, music is a very pleasurable experience for me, and I don't like much getting in the way of me and my sounds. This song just... Flows, and it almost feels as though it's floating through the air. The complicated melody, the falsetto, and the energetic drumming makes this song the perfect confection of soaring vocals and unique instrument effects. The one thing that might annoy some is the fact that his music is more about the overall musicality of the piece, rather than focusing on the words. I, however, think this adds a certain mystique and charm to it all.
OVERALL RATING: I give this song a five out of five, because it quite simply takes me to my happy place.

Ciao for now,
~Singing Midget

No comments:

Post a Comment